鍾貝華龍 Steven Beatty
- Research & Teaching
- National Taiwan Normal University (國立台灣師範大學, N.T.N.U.)
Date: Aug. 2013 to Aug. 2016
Degree(s): Applied Chinese Language & Culture (M.A.)
- Purdue University
Date: Aug. 2008 to Dec. 2012
Degree(s): English (B.A.) & Psychology (B.S.)
Awards & Certificates
- Jul. 2009 - 大武國中的校長葉神保所給的感謝狀 (Certificate of Recognition from Principal of Dawu Junior High School, Shen-pao Ye)
Full-time Chinese Teacher/Principal Assistant/Tutor at Northwest Indiana Chinese School (北美印州中文学校, N.W.I.C.S.)
- Work Period: from Nov. 2017 to May 2019
- Chinese-language teacher of Entry-level Class from Nov. 2017 to Aug. 2018.
- Chinese-language teacher of Foreign Class from Aug. 2018 to Dec. 2018.
- Chinese-language teacher of International Class from Jan. 2019 to May 2019.
Part-time Online English Teacher at Landi Subject English (兰迪学科英语)
- Work Period: from Aug. 2017 to Feb. 2018
- Was a part-time online English teacher (12 hours per weekend).
- Taught children (ages 4-10) English online at my home 4 hours every morning on Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays from 4:00 am to 8:00 am Central Time (18:00-22:00 Beijing Time).
Volunteer English Teacher at Assisting Individual with Disadvantages (海外華裔青年英語服務營活動簡章, A.I.D.)
- Work Period: from Jul. 2009 to Aug. 2009
- One of 300 applicants accepted to a non-profit organization that recruited those of Chinese or Taiwanese descent who qualified to teach English. I taught at Dawuguomin High School (大武國中) in Taitung County (台東縣). Overall, I earned 80 hours of volunteer-related experience.
Full-time Bilingual Student Advisor (English/Mandarin) at Greater Chicago International Academy (大芝加哥国际学院, G.C.I.A.)
- Work Period: from April 2017 to June 2019
- Completed administrative work such as writing shift reports, updating student information through Boardingware, Google Docs, etc.
- Helped students improve their English.
- Helped students with their homework.
"The Chicago Metropolitan Area's Taiwanese Immigrants' Identity Formation & Transformation Process (1965-2010)" 《芝加哥大都市區的台灣移民的認同形成和轉變之過程 (1965-2010) 》 (Master Thesis)
Teaching at ISTM
Public Speaking (SJSU Program Year 1)