In light of the high demand for talent in electrical/computer engineering, Feng Chia University and Purdue University collaborate in launching the FCU-Purdue Undergraduate 2+2 Program in electrical/computer engineering. The design of this program is based on the market demands in engineering both in Taiwan and the U.S. The curriculum is developed to meet the skillset required by the industry and enable students to apply their knowledge and skills on the job.
1. ARWU Engineering / Technology and Computer Sciences 19 (2015)
2. Times Higher Education Top 100Universities for Engineering and Technology 45 (2015)
3. The College of Engineering's Lyles School of Civil Engineering as first on the list of the best civil engineering institutions in the world (The Global Ranking 2016)
4. QS World: Electrical Engineering 47 & Computer Science 51-100 (2016)
Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Purdue
1. Largest faculty (99 members) among all departments/schools at Purdue University, and among the largest in USA
2. Faculty include five members of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE), one NAE Gordon Prize winner, and a past President of the IEEE, 34 IEEE Fellows, 9 APS Fellows, and 7 OSA Fellows.
3. Largest graduate student population at Purdue (258 MS, 484 PhD). Two undergraduate degree programs (BSEE and BSCmpE), with a total of 1102 students
4. The first electronic television was made in ECE.
About City of West Lafayette
West Lafayette is a historian’s dream with beautiful turn-of-the-century architecture. A city in Tippecanoe County, it is conveniently located about 105km northwest of the Indiana state capital of Indianapolis and 166km southeast of Chicago. With a population of just under 30,000 (per the 2010 census), the city boasts some highly education residents. The US Census 2005-2007 American Community Survey showed that 77% of the city’s population age 25 or older hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
As well as being home to Purdue University, West Lafayette also has a vibrant downtown offering antiques and eclectic shopping, handmade candies and quaint coffee shops. For those preferring outdoor activities, a tasting at various wineries and brewing companies can be enjoyed. Other attractions of the city include the Tippecanoe Battlefield and Museum, Clegg Memorial Gardens and Wabash Heritage Trail.
Upon completion of all program requirements in their first two years at FCU, students continue their studies at PURDUE in the third and fourth year. Students will choose their own professional area of specialization--Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, at PURDUE based on their aptitudes and preferences.
On sccessful completion of all program requirements, students will be awarded the following degrees:
A. Bachelor of Science (Engineering) by FCU and
B. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering by Purdue University
Graduates of this program will be eligible for an 12-month F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) visa as well as the 24-th month OPT extension. OPT visa holders can only undertake work directly related to their major area of study.
After completing the core courses in the first 2 years of study in FCU, students will need to meet the published English proficiency requirements of partner institutions prior to continuing their senior years of study in Purdue University. Please see below for language and academic requirements of Purdue University
(no individual band
(no individual band
English proficiency test result (eg TOEFL, IELTS) is a crucial factor in successfully studying abroad. It's also one of the mandatory requirements in applying for internationally prestigious universities. While students are studying at ISTM, our professional team will enhance students' English proficiency in a systematic and efficient approach. We will provide personal counselling and assessment, helping students to reach the English threshold of partner universities.
Tuition fees are current at the time of publication (August, 2016) and are subject to change.
Study in FCU per annum：USD 9,000 （NTD 300,000）
Study in Purdue per annum：USD 31,000 （NTD 1,021,000）
N.B. Tuition fees are the latest figure published by each institution.